WhatsApp : Developed on which language
WHATS APP, DEVELOPED ON WHICH LANGUAGE ?
WhatsApp is a cross platform messaging app. It’s been developed for all mobile OS. We can point out the languages on which WhatsApp been developed. WhatsApp been developed on native languages.
- 1. For Android, its Java
- 2. For iOS its Swift or Objective C
- 3. For Microsoft its C#
- 4. For Nokia, may be its J2ME
But while some research I find out that, the WhatsApp was developed mainly on Erlang language. Erlang is a programming language used to build massively soft real-time systems with requirements on high availability. Following are the list of technologies which were being used to develop WhatsApp :
- 1. FreeBSD, its an advanced computer operating system used to power modern servers, desktops and embedded platforms.
- 2. YAWS It’s a HTTP high performance 1.1 web Server
- 3. Custom Ejabberd as an server application.
- 4. Language : Erlang
- 5. XMPP Technology
- 6. For Web its php
- 7. Mnesia as database.
- 9. LightOpenId is a php 5 library for open id authentication.